TRUTH HOME BIBLE STUDY PROGRAM STUDY SHEET THEME:
"Open your heart when you open your Bible."
LESSON NO. 9
Former Rain and Latter Rain to Vials of Wrath Poured Out
Page 53. Former Rain and Latter Rain
1. The reformation began the journey back to Pentecost.
2. Light slowly began to shine to reveal hidden truths, Is. 28:10.
3. Martin Luther began with "justification by faith."
4. John Calvin organized his churches with local presbyters and observed the Lord's Supper.
5. King Henry VIII became head of Church of England.
6. John Smyth began baptizing by immersion.
7. John Wesley taught holiness and a genuine conversion.
8. Peter Cartwright, Charles G. Finney, Dwight L. Moody, all brought great revivals and a stir to churches in America.
9. Group of Bible students at Topeka, Kansas received the Holy Ghost on January 1, 1901 after seeking God 21 days.
10. Speaking in tongues spread to Joplin, Houston and Los Angeles.
11. News of these revivals spread around the world.
12. More light is revealed on baptism in Jesus' Name and the oneness of the Godhead, which caused a division among those who had received the Holy Ghost in the year 1916.
13. His Spirit was once again poured out upon all flesh, Joel 2:23, 28.
14. Make sure you know the truth, I Tim. 2:4-5, Joel 2:23, 28.
Page 54. Signs of the End Times
1. Jesus' disciples ask three important questions, Matt. 24:3.
2. Mental state of world before His return, Luke 21:25-28, Matt. 24:10.
3. Moral state of world, Matt. 24:37-39, Luke 17:28-29.
4. False prophets shall arise, Matt. 24:11, 1 Tim. 4:1, II Tim. 4:3-4.
5. Increase in lawlessness, II Tim. 3:1-5.
6. Scoffers will say, "Where is the promise of His coming?" II Peter 3:3-4
7. Wars, famines, earthquakes, Matt. 24:6-8
8. Peace conferences, I Thess. 5:2-8
9. Return of Jews to land of Palestine, Is. 11:10-12
10. As the day approaches, assemble together more, Heb. 10:25
Page 55. The Rapture
1. Rapture is the catching away of the Church to meet the Lord in the air; the Revelation is the second coming of Christ to the earth
2. Living and dead believers will rise together, I Cor. 15:51-53, 1 Thess. 4:13-18, Phil. 3:20-21, Rom. 8:11,23
3. One taken, the other left, Matt. 24:40-44, Luke 17:34-36
4. Judgment Seat of Christ, Luke 14:14, 1 Cor. 3:12-15, II Cor. 5:10, Rom. 14:10-12, 1 Cor. 3:8, Phil. 3:14, II Tim. 4:8
5. Marriage Supper of the Lamb, Rev. 19:7-9, Eph. 5:25-27
Page 56. Manifestation and Reign of the Anti-Christ
1. Great time of trouble, Matt. 24:21
2. World to be ruled by one man, Rev. 17:17, II Thess. 2:3-12, Dan. 8:25
3. Jews will return to Palestine, Ez. 22:19-22, Zeph. 2:1-2
4. Jews will rebuild Temple, Acts 15:14-16, Rev. 11:1-2
5. Jews will make covenant with Anti-Christ, Dan. 9:27, Is. 28:15
6. After 3 l/2 years, Anti-Christ will set himself up as God and refuse to allow Jews to offer sacrifices in the Temple, which is the abomination of desolation, Dan. 9:27, Matt. 24:15, 21-26
7. Anti-Christ turns against Jews and terrible persecutions follow, called "Time of Jacobs trouble," Jer. 30:5-7, Rev. 13:5-7
8. Anti-Christ will set up his image and force all to worship it or be killed, Rev. 13:8, 12-15
9. All must take mark of Beast to buy or sell, Rev. 13:16-18
10. Doom of all who take the mark of the Beast, Rev. 14:9-11
11. Men will take this mark because they received not a love for the truth, II Thess. 2:9-12
Page 57. Vials of Wrath Poured Out During Great Tribulation
1. Men will be covered with boils, all water will turn to blood, sun will scorch men, darkness will cover the land, lightning, tremendous earthquakes, and hail weighing 100 lbs. will fall on men, Rev. 16
2. There is an escape - call on the Lord today while He is near!