A short Biblestudy - 6 Steps to Salvation
1. The Bible is the Word of God:
a. 2.Pet.1:20-21; 2.Tim, 3:16 - God called people to write down His Word,
b. John 20:30-31, - "...that ye might believe."
c. Rev.22:18-19 - Do not add or take anything away -
2. Every person can find God if they seek for - Him from their whole hearts:
a. Acts 17:26-31 (27) - He be not far from every one of us.
b. Deut. 4:29-31 - Thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
c. Is.55:6-7 - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found.
3. God is looking for people who believe in Him (i.e. His Word), and He is a rewarder of those who seek Him and want to come to Him.
a. 2.Chron.16:9 - For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong..."
b. John 4:23 - "the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him. "
c. Heb 11:6 - "But without faith (i.e. complete trust in HIS Word) it is impossible to please God"
4. Jesus Christ is the one who we must believe in!
a. Col.1:15-22 - Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God,
b. 1.Tim.2:5 - The man Christ Jesus is the only mediator between God and men,
c. John 7:38 - Jesus said, He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water,
5. What is the Great Commission and what did the disciples, who Jesus had taught, preach?
If God saved these people at that time through His gospel, then the same gospel will also save us! Therefore, let us find out what this gospel is about:
a. The Great Commission; Matth, 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-19; Luke 24:46-47; l.Cor.15:1-5
b. There is only one gospel that saves: Gal.1:8
c. Believe In Jesus: Acts 1:8 "...ye shall be witnesses unto me"; 4:12 "there is none other name (than Jesus) -
d. Repentance and changing of your mind, bringing forth works; Acts 17:30
e. Forgiveness of sin through baptism in Jesus' name; Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:48
f. Baptism of the Holy Spirit; John 1:33; Acts 2:2-4 and 38-39; 8,17; 10,44-46; 19,6
Acts 5:32 "...the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
6. Challenge: Do you believe in the Scriptures and the gospel? The Bible tells us to seek salvation before it is too late! We can see that we firstly have the hope of being saved once we have been obedient to His Word:
a. Mark 16:16 - "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned!"
b. Matth.24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end corne, "
c. 2.Thess.1:6-10 - "... taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."